Sun, Apr 07|
Sedona Mago Center for Well-being
Sedona In-person Phase One (APR 7-11)
This 5-day Brainspotting training combines 3 rigorous days of learning with an introduction to Sundo Energy Flow in the heart of Arizona's red rock wilderness. Invite a friend/colleague to share this wholly unique healing experience with you! Space is limited.
Time & Location
Apr 07, 2024, 5:00 PM PDT – Apr 11, 2024, 11:00 AM PDT
Sedona Mago Center for Well-being, 3500 Bill Gray Rd, Sedona, Arizona
About The Event
5-day introduction to Phase One
My training team and I are excited to offer this unique in-person Brainspotting training experience in Arizona at Sedona Mago Center for Well-being, a one-of-a-kind healing center near Sedona. This is a special opportunity for both new trainees and experienced Brainspotters to come together to heal and realize their highest potential.
During this 5-day introduction you will learn the fundamental setup frames and theory of Brainspotting. You will also experience Sundo Energy Flow Yoga, starlight meditation, and freshly prepared pescatarian/vegetarian meals. The training portion offers opportunities for you to put what you're learning to immediate use. Participants will witness and facilitate personal and group healing using 4 different setup frames. You will be surrounded by the natural beauty of Sedona Mago, a tranquil oasis in the heart of the red rock Arizona desert and have access to the healing garden, labyrinth and miles of walking trails.
This is a chance for all of us to unplug. No TV in the rooms and wifi and cell service is limited mostly to the Welcome Center and Chun Hwa meeting hall areas. The goal of this time together is to nurture our mind, body, and spirit while embodying how Brainspotting can help heal and expand those who are ready. Experienced practitioners repeating Phase One will get a chance to gain clarity as we deepen and broaden our experience with BSP theory and practice with breakout groups. We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to boost your confidence and learn to attune with ease.
** To see cost, agenda, and helpful links, please scroll down (below the BSP Training Overview) **
BSP TRAINING OVERVIEW
Brainspotting Therapy™ (BSP) is a therapeutic process that uses specific points in the client’s visual field to access unprocessed trauma in the subcortical brain. BSP uses relevant eye positions, somatic awareness, focused mindfulness and the therapist’s attunement to process and release the stored traumas which underlie a wide range of emotional and physical problems. This brain-body-based treatment is an open and integrative model. BSP can be adapted to many different areas of specialization and integrated with other treatment models. In this introductory Brainspotting: Phase 1 training, participants will learn four basic BSP techniques. In addition, participants will receive an overview of the:
- standards of care and professional practice for brainspotting practitioners,
- research that supports the primary assumptions of brainspotting; and
- challenges of research and evidence-based treatment for conditions such as Complex PTSD
Participants of this introductory level course will be able to:
- Summarize the standards of care and professional practice of the International Brainspotting Association.
- Describe the hypothesized neurological underpinnings of how brainspotting works.
- Summarize the research that supports the hypothesized way in which eye positions activate and accesses midbrain activity.
- Explain the uncertainty principle as it relates to brainspotting.
- Describe the concepts of simultaneous neurobiological and relational attunement.
- Explain the importance of client-therapist attunement during brainspotting.
- Explain how the treatment frame is set and held by the therapist.
- Explain the role of focused mindfulness in brainspotting.
- Discuss the similarities and differences between the activation and resource models of brainspotting.
- Explain the concept of limbic countertransference.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the outside window brainspotting technique.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the inside window brainspotting technique.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the gaze spot brainspotting technique.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the resource model of brainspotting technique.
- Assess the appropriate brainspotting techniques for the treatment of Post-traumatic stress disorder, including the Dissociative Subtype, and other trauma-related symptoms.
- Describe two challenges to assessing and providing evidence-based treatment to individuals with Complex PTSD.
Who can attend?
Experienced BSP practitioners as well as non-Brainspotting trained mental health providers, healthcare professionals, coaches, other licensed/certified healing practitioners, and students/interns in social work and mental health who are curious and wish to expand their knowledge.
Joy Myong is a License Professional Counselor with over 15 years of experience in mental health and addictions counseling. As a first generation Korean immigrant, she feels honored to be invited to host this integrated Brainspotting training on sacred land that helped her reconnect to her Asian roots. Joy is a Brainspotting Consultant and Trainer and Co-developer of the BSP Embodied Learning Circles which helps trained practitioners feel Brainspotting "in their bones." She is dedicated to helping fellow therapists and healing practitioners avoid burnout and founded Hana Wellness Studios to provide inclusive supports to our growing community of quantum healers. Joy has had a long-time fascination with optimizing human potential and enjoys finding creative ways to integrate her diverse training and experience in: Holistic Addictions Counseling, EFT Tapping and SunDo Energy Body Work, Mindfulness-based CBT, Master Reiki Practitioner and Teacher in the Mikao Usui tradition, Trauma-Informed Pilates Therapy, DahnHak's Brain Management Training, and Consultant for Co-regulating Couples which incorporates Imago, Parts work and Expansion Brainspotting.
(21) contact hours are required to complete this course. Evaluations and attendance certificates will be emailed within a week of training completion. CE requirements vary by state and certificate acceptance may not apply to everyone. We recommend contacting your state boards and doing your research. click here to find specific information for your state.
During Phase 1 and 2 trainings, practicums offer the opportunity to experience your own healing and to see Brainspotting from the client's perspective as you learn about this incredible modality. Participants can specify any special needs to help optimize their learning and healing.
If possible, please use your personal email when you register so important email communication about the training do not get blocked by servers. Your full mailing address is also required at registration to receive training supplies. Email us with any questions.
** SCHEDULE (Pacific Daylight Time) **
SUN 4/7/2024 - Arrival
3:00-5:00pm | Check-In
5:30-6:30pm | Dinner
7:00-9:00pm | Opening session
MON 4/8 - Training Day 1
7:00am | Breakfast
| Mindful Movement
7:30pm | Connection Group
TUE 4/9 - Training Day 2
7:00am | Breakfast
| Sundo Energy Flow
7:30pm | Connection Group
WED 4/10 - Training Day 3
7:00am | Breakfast
| Ki-gong Energy Flow
8:45pm | Starlight Meditation
THU 4/11 - Final day
5:45am | Sunrise Yoga
7:00am | Breakfast
8:30am | Closing Session
10:30am | Program ends
11:30pm | Check-Out
12:00pm | Lunch
EARLY ARRIVAL & LATER DEPARTURE (option)
There are a limited # of rooms blocked out for those who wish to arrive one day before (on SAT 4/6) or leaving FRI 4/12 (the day after training ends.) This time for quiet reflection and meditation will give you extra time to get grounded and is available as an add-on option on the registration form. A welcome email with travel tips will be provided for first time attendees.
CLICK TO LEARN MORE
SPACE IS LIMITED
Reserve your spot with a deposit of $1000 to reserve at the early early bird rate ($2300 if paid in full) before NOV. 1, 2023.
This is the shared double room rate. Then pay installments of $675 by DEC. 1st and final $675 by Feb. 1st.
We have requested a few private single rooms for those with special needs (additional $350)
Email email@example.com to request private room option
ALL-INCLUSIVE PACKAGES FOR NEW TRAINEES INCLUDE
the 3-day Brainspotting Phase 1 training, 4-night stay at Sedona Mago Center plus freshly prepared meals during your stay, daily yoga/qigong/energy sessions and two follow-up 90-minute group consults.
$2300 - Early early bird registration for shared double room paid in full (available thru NOV. 1, 2023)
$2650 - Standard registration for a shared double room (starts JAN. 2024)
$2800 - Late registration (starts FEB. 2024)
** One extra night stay immediately before or after the training can be added for $300 USD per night. (covers 3 extra meals)
Please note: Airfare and shuttle transportation are separate expenses. Detailed information will be provided. Participants are asked to stay on the property during the program dates. No daily in and out privileges due to the rigor of the training and Sedona Mago's usage permit agreement with Yavapai County that serves to respect and protect the land and local habitat.
Payment Balance, Cancellation Policies, & Precautions
- If you need to cancel 31-60 days before the start of the retreat, you will receive a 50% refund of the full cost of your spot.
- If you need to cancel 1-30 days before the start of the retreat, you will receive a 25% refund of the full cost of your spot.
- No credit or refund if you cancel on the arrival day; if you do not show up; or if you leave an event early for any reason. We reserve the right to cancel a program at any time. If we cancel a program, you will receive a full refund. We cannot be responsible for any losses with airfare, transportation, or any other additional costs incurred during the planning of your trip. - Travel insurance is strongly advised to cover you for any unexpected circumstances.
- There are no exceptions to the Cancellation Policy due to the contractual commitments we have with our vendors and we appreciate your understanding of this.
We'd love for you to join us for this special in-person learning and healing opportunity. This is a small training and is expected to fill before the standard registration deadline. Register with a $1000 deposit to reserve your spot at the early bird rate before November 1.
If you have any questions, please email us. We look forward to our time together in-person in April!