Thu, Oct 26|
Phase One (OCT 26-28)
This revolutionary brain-based modality helps us go deep to access disturbing/traumatic body memories in the body. This is the first step to get certified. Opportunity to experience personal transformation, healing, and renewed coherence as you embody Brainspotting theory. Interns welcome! $745-$845
Time & Location
Oct 26, 9:00 AM CDT – Oct 28, 5:30 PM CDT
About The Event
Brainspotting Therapy™ (BSP) is a therapeutic process that uses specific points in the client’s visual field to access unprocessed trauma in the subcortical brain. BSP uses relevant eye positions, somatic awareness, focused mindfulness and the therapist’s attunement to process and release the stored traumas which underlie a wide range of emotional and physical problems. This brain-body-based treatment is an open and integrative model. BSP can be adapted to many different areas of specialization and integrated with other treatment models. In this introductory Brainspotting: Phase 1 training, participants will learn four basic BSP techniques. In addition, participants will receive an overview of the:
- standards of care and professional practice for brainspotting practitioners,
- research that supports the primary assumptions of brainspotting; and
- challenges of research and evidence-based treatment for conditions such as Complex PTSD
Participants of this introductory level course will be able to:
- Summarize the standards of care and professional practice of the International Brainspotting Association.
- Describe the hypothesized neurological underpinnings of how brainspotting works.
- Summarize the research that supports the hypothesized way in which eye positions activate and accesses midbrain activity.
- Explain the uncertainty principle as it relates to brainspotting.
- Describe the concepts of simultaneous neurobiological and relational attunement.
- Explain the importance of client-therapist attunement during brainspotting.
- Explain how the treatment frame is set and held by the therapist.
- Explain the role of focused mindfulness in brainspotting.
- Discuss the similarities and differences between the activation and resource models of brainspotting.
- Explain the concept of limbic countertransference.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the outside window brainspotting technique.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the inside window brainspotting technique.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the gaze spot brainspotting technique.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the resource model of brainspotting technique.
- Assess the appropriate brainspotting techniques for the treatment of Post-traumatic stress disorder, including the Dissociative Subtype, and other trauma-related symptoms.
- Describe two challenges to assessing and providing evidence-based treatment to individuals with Complex PTSD.
Who can attend?
All mental health providers, healthcare professionals, coaches and other licensed/certified healing practitioners with a strong clinical background. Students/interns in the mental health field who are curious and wish to expand their knowledge are also welcome.
Joy Myong has worked as a wellness advocate in her community for the past 22 years. She is a certified Brainspotting Consultant and Trainer and co-founder of the BSP Embodied Learning Circles which helps experienced and newly trained BSP practitioners embody the Brainspotting theory and techniques learned at Phase 1 and Phase 2 trainings. Joy is committed to helping fellow therapists and healing practitioners avoid burnout and founded Brain Body Revolution to provide inclusive supports to a growing community of quantum healers. Joy describes herself as a connector and learner with advanced trainings and certifications in: Alcohol and Drug Addictions Counseling, EFT and Dahn Body Tapping, Mindfulness-based CBT, Master Reiki Practitioner and Teacher in the Mikao Usui tradition, Trauma-Informed Pilates Therapy as well as a Consultant for Co-regulating Couples with Imago, Expansion Brainspotting & Parts work.
Interactive 3-day training (THU - FRI - SAT)
Oct. 26, 2023 9:00am - 5:30pm Central Time
Oct. 27, 2023. 9:00am - 5:30pm Central Time
Oct. 28, 2023 9:00am - 5:30pm Central Time
Agenda - Schedule may change as we go. Please avoid scheduling anything during the course of the training.
CE Registration and Completion: https://www.academeca.com/CEUReg/SeminarInfo.aspx?seminarId=4968
Evaluations and attendance certificates will be emailed within a week of training completion. Many practitioners qualify for CE credit but this is not guaranteed. Because rules vary by state, it is best to contact your state board and do your own research. Please see CE Disclosure.
Informed Consent: During Phase 1 and 2 trainings, practicums offer the opportunity to experience your own healing and to see Brainspotting from the client's perspective as you learn about this incredible modality. Participants can specify any special needs to help optimize their learning and healing.
When you register, please use your personal email so important email communication about the training do not get blocked by servers. Also provide us the best mailing address for the book and special pointer (included in your tuition.)