Thu, Dec 14|
Phase One (DEC 14-16)
This revolutionary brain-based modality helps us go deep to access disturbing/traumatic body memories in the body. This is the first step to get certified. Opportunity to experience personal transformation, healing, and renewed coherence as you embody Brainspotting theory. Interns welcome! $745-$845
Time & Location
Dec 14, 9:00 AM CST – Dec 16, 5:30 PM CST
About The Event
Brainspotting Therapy™ (BSP) is a therapeutic process that uses specific points in the client’s visual field to access unprocessed trauma in the subcortical brain. BSP uses relevant eye positions, somatic awareness, focused mindfulness and the therapist’s attunement to process and release the stored traumas which underlie a wide range of emotional and physical problems. This brain-body-based treatment is an open and integrative model. BSP can be adapted to many different areas of specialization and integrated with other treatment models. In this introductory Brainspotting: Phase 1 training, participants will learn four basic BSP techniques. In addition, participants will receive an overview of the:
- standards of care and professional practice for brainspotting practitioners,
- research that supports the primary assumptions of brainspotting; and
- challenges of research and evidence-based treatment for conditions such as Complex PTSD
Participants of this introductory level course will be able to:
- Summarize the standards of care and professional practice of the International Brainspotting Association.
- Describe the hypothesized neurological underpinnings of how brainspotting works.
- Summarize the research that supports the hypothesized way in which eye positions activate and accesses midbrain activity.
- Explain the uncertainty principle as it relates to brainspotting.
- Describe the concepts of simultaneous neurobiological and relational attunement.
- Explain the importance of client-therapist attunement during brainspotting.
- Explain how the treatment frame is set and held by the therapist.
- Explain the role of focused mindfulness in brainspotting.
- Discuss the similarities and differences between the activation and resource models of brainspotting.
- Explain the concept of limbic countertransference.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the outside window brainspotting technique.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the inside window brainspotting technique.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the gaze spot brainspotting technique.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the resource model of brainspotting technique.
- Assess the appropriate brainspotting techniques for the treatment of Post-traumatic stress disorder, including the Dissociative Subtype, and other trauma-related symptoms.
- Describe two challenges to assessing and providing evidence-based treatment to individuals with Complex PTSD.
Who can attend?
All mental health providers, healthcare professionals, coaches and other licensed/certified healing practitioners with a strong clinical background. Students/interns in the mental health field who are curious and wish to expand their knowledge are also welcome.
Joy Myong is an wellness advocate who loves to study and practice the fundamentals of Brainspotting. She is a Certified Brainspotting Consultant and Trainer and Founder/Director of Hana Wellness Studios based near Chicago. Joy enjoys finding creative ways to support fellow therapists and healing practitioners who want to develop personally and professionally. Joy is Co-founder of the BSP Embodied Learning Circles which helps experienced and newly trained BSP practitioners embody the Brainspotting theory and techniques learned at Phase 1 and Phase 2 trainings. She founded Brain Body Revolution to provide inclusive supports to a growing community of quantum healers. Joy describes herself as a connector and learner with advanced trainings and certifications in: Alcohol and Drug Addictions Counseling, EFT and Dahn Body Tapping, Mindfulness-based CBT, Master Reiki Practitioner and Teacher in the Mikao Usui tradition, Trauma-Informed Pilates Therapy as well as a Consultant for Co-regulating Couples with Imago, Expansion Brainspotting & Parts work.
Interactive 3-day training (THU - FRI - SAT)
Dec. 14, 2023 9:00am - 5:30pm Central Time
Dec. 15, 2023 9:00am - 5:30pm Central Time
Dec. 16, 2023 9:00am - 5:30pm Central Time
AGENDA (click here) - This schedule may change as we go. Please avoid scheduling anything during the course of the training.
(21) contact hours are required to complete this couse. Evaluations and attendance certificates will be emailed within a week of training completion. CE requirements vary by state and certificate acceptance may not apply to everyone. We recommend contacting your state boards and doing your research. click here to find specific information for your state.
During Phase 1 and 2 trainings, practicums offer the opportunity to experience your own healing and to see Brainspotting from the client's perspective as you learn about this incredible modality. Participants can specify any special needs that serve to optimize their learning and healing.
When registering, please use your personal email so important email communication about the training do not get blocked by servers. Also provide us the best mailing address for the book and special pointer (included in your tuition.)